TQS3 TEMPERATURE SENSOR
TQS3 Module is a digital temperature sensor. It measures temperature within the range from -55°C to +125°C and sends the measured value directly in degrees Celsius. The TQS3
thermometer has a very low consumption and communicates via an RS485 bus line using the
Spinel protocol. These features enable connecting more sensors with a four-wire bus line
containing an RS485 link and supply cable to the distance of up to 1200 m.
The module measures temperature using an integrated unit with the accuracy of ± 0,5°C. The
TQS3 module contains an indicator which blinks to signalize the ongoing temperature
- Temperature measuring within the range of -55°C to +125°C
- Transmission of measured temperature directly in degrees Celsius
- Communication via an RS485 link
- Very low consumption – typically only 2 mA
- Measurement indication
- Small size
- Unstabilized supply voltage
- Standardized metal cover diameter (outdoor design)
- Spinel or Modbus RTU communication protocols (can be switched by the user)
- Temperature monitoring by Wix software
TQS3 communicates over a standard two-wire RS485 industrial bus bar. It is powered by a DC
voltage of 7-20 V. The input is protected against reverse polarity.
Wago 236 terminal block is used to connect the power supply and RS485. Figure 2 shows the
terminal block inside the TQS3 O box.
Power supply is connected to terminals + (orange) and – (blue), RS485 is connected to
terminals Tx+ and Tx- (both grey).